Saturday, July 08, 2006

.mea culpa.

Mea Culpa. I was reminded of this expression today while watching "Real Simple" television on PBS this afternoon. It's basically an admission of guilt. Seems appropriate for me to start out my blog today with those words. My blog has gone to all h-e-blank-blank... What used to be such an enjoyable part of my day has just gotten lost somewhere. How do I make it a part of my almost daily routine again? Put in into my Palm Pilot as a daily task? Make Blogger my Home Page? Type in a few words while I watch General Hospital each afternoon? Any suggestions? Hmmm... I guess I'll just take it as it comes and I hope to get on track again.

This morning I spent some time on marthastewart.com . Lots of "good things" to look at there. I printed out a few projects I'd like to try during the summer, mostly home decorating ideas. If I'm successful at any of them, I'll post a pic or two here. We'll see...

My oldest daughter is in Rome as I type away... She's in an amazing place right now, taking in such beautiful scenery, learning about the history of civilization, religion, culture, etc. It's funny how the USA just celebrated its 230th birthday, while Rome has been around for ages. Wow. It's amazing just thinking about it. I hate to admit it, but I really am envious of her being there. It's the one place I have to visit before I die, and at 18 years old, she's already there. :: sigh :: That's okay, I feel she is truly blessed for this opportunity. And someday it will be me. Meanwhile, I cook in this 100+ degree weather in the Inland Southern California area. Jeez. Wish I were anywhere else, actually.

No comments: