Sunday, July 16, 2006

those {everyday} luxuries

{thanks for the blog challenge from the 2Peas message board}

What everyday luxuries could I *NOT* live without.

Really made me think. What could I not live without? I could probably live without any or all these on my list, but I'd definitely rather not live without any of them. Jeez. How spoiled are people nowadays? Pretty spoiled, and pampered, I suppose. I mean, our ancestors from way, way back didn't have a choice to have or have not. They just dealt with whatever came their way.

We are so lucky to live in 2006. Because I would hate life without:
  1. My computer + the internet. Man, could you imagine? No email, no online shopping, no message boards, no blogs. First thing in the morning, I turn the pc on and hop on the internet with a cuppa joe and the Today Show (more on that) playing in the background. My homepage is the Weather Channel, so that I know what weather to expect and I can plan out my day. Then it's off to check my email, upload my most recent digital pics, surf for any great sales at Pottery Barn, Urban Outfitters, Old Navy, etc.; and of course, get some inspiration for my current scrapbooking pages wherever I can find it.
  2. My cell phone. Remember the days when we'd have to pull over into a gas station or shopping center to use a pay-phone to call home? And you could just forget it if you didn't have change for the call. Totally SUCKED. Life with a cell phone sure is a heckuva lot easier, I say.
  3. My iPod. No more shuffling around with CDs or radio stations, I get to listen to only the music I love. And no stinkin' commercials. YES.
  4. Air conditioning. I would not survive life in Southern California without my A/C. My family, my dog and I would ROAST. Especially on a day like yesterday when the temp reached 105 degrees. Serious heat, there.
  5. Satellite TV + tivo. I gots to have my DIY, Food Network, HGTV, E!, my morning crew on the Today Show, and of course, my daily soap- General Hospital.

I'm sure there are lots of great things out there, but these so TOTALLY rock for me. I'm glad I don't have to do without. Imagining it is bad enough.

No comments: