Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Wouldn’t You Just Know It?

Flat Tire

Okay, my husband had been gone exactly ONE DAY… and guess what… I got a freakin’ flat tire on the freeway Sunday afternoon!!! Yep, I was driving south on the 215 Freeway on my way to a friend’s Super Bowl party in Murrieta and :::POP::: goes my tire! I noticed that the truck was swerving a bit so I knew something was wrong. I’ve never had a flat tire before, so I wasn’t exactly sure what was happening. To make a long story short, I pulled over to a safe area and called AAA and a friendly guy came to change my tire after about an hour’s wait. Oh, did I mention that I had all five of my daughters with me at the time? Luckily I had stocked up on snacks before we headed out that afternoon, so no one starved to death during our ordeal. Man, this really sucks. Now I have to go get a new tire, too… Urgh!


He’s Gone

Yes, so I mentioned that my husband is underway, right? If not, I meant to. I just had to get the flat tire thing out there and off of my chest. I dropped him off at Camp Pendleton on Saturday morning and it just felt so weird. It’s been so long since we’ve been separated for any amount of time… Not to mention it was plain to see by the look on his face that he was having a hard time with this “mini-deployment” as well. I felt so bad for him, and for the kids too. But I guess this is good practice on being apart since WestPac is coming up in June and he’ll be away from us for a whole six months that time. I’m so not looking forward to that.


Cropping with the Girls

Well, after I dropped off my teary-eyed husband at Pendleton (okay, I was teary-eyed, too) I drove up to Riverside to join a group of my friends to scrapbook. We try to get together every so often to work on our scrapbooks and to enjoy each other’s company. It was exactly what I needed to get my mind off of my husband being gone. Julia & Kim were taking care of the babies while I spent a few hours out, so it turned out to be a pretty good day for me after all. I love this group of chicks… They are such cool friends to have. I feel lucky to have met them and to share this great hobby with them. We’re going to meet again next month somewhere in the L.A. area to do this again. It’s great therapy for me… and a chance to have some time to myself! Can’t wait!


In Closing...

As usual, it’s late and I gotta get going. Need that sleep for another busy day tomorrow!

No comments: