Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Wine Tasting & Getting Ready for CKU...

Wine Tasting in Temecula Valley

I went wine tasting this weekend with my fellow Book Club members. We had an awesome time... We went to Mount Palomar Winery in Temecula and it was so kewl. I tasted six wines for $5, what a deal! I tried the Meritage, the Temecula Rose and the Riesling (along with others I can't remember.) My favorite turned out to be the Riesling, what a surprise... I hardly ever drink white wine. I'm definitely going back for more, but next time with my husband. We are thinking about going to a Bed & Breakfast out there for my birthday in November. Then we can hit a few of the wineries in the Temecula Wine Country and take the winery tour van so we don't have to drive!

They had a covered patio area and a deli, so we all gathered outside to eat cheese and french bread, drink a bottle of Chardonnay, and to discuss our most recent book, The Time Traveler's Wife. Let me say that this is an excellent read. The story is so complex, so intelligent; I just devoured it! It's a meaty book, though; it took me a couple of weeks to finish it. Still, it really was one of my favorite books so far and I think you should pick it up if you are a serious bookworm like me.


Creating Keepsakes University

CKU is just around the corner. I leave in exactly one week for my drive up to San Jose and I just get so tickled when I think about it! I can't wait to get there to shop the scrapbook stores with my fellow Southern Californian scrappers, meet my friends from unscrappable.com, and meet the scrapbooking celebrities I love to read about in my magazines! And let's don't forget all the awesome classes I am signed up for... I can't wait to learn a thing or two and put my new ideas to work in my own scrapbooks at home! And then there are the swaps I'm signed up for! I am so anxious to get my hands on all the tags and 6x6 pages from other addicted scrappers like me! Tomorrow I'm going to get my lists together and I'll start packing my things. I know our departure date will just creep up on me and will be here before I know it.


In closing...

Yeah, I didn't have a whole lot to say in my blog tonight. I guess it's because I'm kinda sleepy and feeling lazy. I wish I could update my blog during the day, but there is just no extra time when I'm taking care of my darling triplets. Oh well, at least I'm keeping up with my journaling... even if it's online and even if it's short sometimes.

Oh, I wanted to say hey to all my relatives up north who felt that big earthquake today... Hope you all are doing okay.

Thanks for reading; see you soon!

No comments: