Saturday, September 18, 2004

Another Milestone...

The Ba-Ba's gone...

My darling triplets, Malia, Kaia and Marisa, turned 18 months old yesterday. This is an important age for them because their dad and I decided that at exactly 18 months old we'd stop giving them a bottle. Well, the time has come. How did it come upon us so fast?

:::Okay now, I was just having the "growing-up" issue with Kimberley the other day, but now the triplets??? Ugh. Weren't my little darlings just born the other day?:::

Actually, it was on March 17, 2003, in Honolulu, Hawaii, that they came into the world and blessed the life of our family as a whole. They came 2 months premature at 3 lbs 12 oz, 3 lbs 14 oz, and 3lbs 14.5 oz, respectively. They've changed our whole world. They were the very first triplets I had ever seen in real life, and they were so beautiful. All the nurses in the NICU complimented us on what beauties they were. They were born on St. Patrick's Day and they have truly been our lucky charms. And I just want them to stay babies forever and always. OK?

I'm not sure how this is going to go; I'm hoping that they won't even notice that they don't get a bottle tonight and that they will drift off to sleep content nonetheless. Hmmm... Do you think there's really a chance? For the sake of my sanity, and my husband's as well, I sure hope so. I sure hope they don't sit there and realize, "Hey... Mom and Dad just gave us our very last bottles ever!"

Okay, I'm off to deal with the rest of the day... About four more hours and we'll see how this all pans out. Keep your fingers crossed for us, please?


No comments: