Thursday, September 09, 2004

So much for my blogging habit...

I really wanted to keep up with this darn blog! Don't get me wrong, I really love to blog when I have the time, but who has the time? Certainly not me these days... With visitors from Northern California for the past 2 weeks, and lots of stuff going on here at home... I'm just failing at my blog.


My Newest Love

I've joined a book club, did I tell ya? I am loving this group so much! The first book we read was Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons and I'd recommend it to anyone! It's an easy and fast read, and the writing keeps you hanging on. I love the stories of friendship and camaraderie between women… Lots of laughs too! If you like watching chick-flicks at the movies, you’ll definitely want to read this book. Be sure to pick it up next time you’re in a bookstore… (Did I just sound like a commercial?)

We met on the last Sunday afternoon in August at our Book Club Meeting and it was great. In keeping with the theme of the Angry Housewives, the hostess served Appletini's, bon-bons, and other good treats. It was the best time I've had in a very long time. Can’t wait for the September meeting.

The next book is The Time Traveler's Wife. I'm having some trouble keeping up with this book; sometimes I get lost between chapters. But it was listed as one of the 10 best books of the year, so I'm going to hang in there and hope I "get it" somewhere before the end of story! I mean, it must be a good book, right?


Housewarming Party

Suffice it to say that it was a low turnout for this one. I invited most of my relatives and good friends from the Northern and Central California areas, but with the exception of our immediate families, no one showed up. I was so bummed. To be fair, though, we do live a ½ days’ drive from most of them so I can understand why they didn’t want to make the trek to Southern California over Labor Day Weekend. Still. Oh well. Anyone want some beef or chicken enchiladas? I’ve got a ton of them just sitting in my freezer. Margarita mix, too… Margaritas anyone? Anyone?



Personal Training

I met a really nice girl named Kelly at the Temecula Mall this summer. She kinda scoped me out because I had my triplets with me and she is a triplet mom as well. Kewl! She approached us, introduced herself and mentioned that she was starting her own business as a Personal Trainer/Nutrition Consultant. Well, she’s just beautiful so it’s obvious that she knows that of which she speaks… I contacted her recently to talk to her about Personal Training and she gave me her fees… Turns out that for 10 personal training sessions and 8 weeks of nutrition consultation, she charges 1K. OUCH! Now, this wouldn’t have been a problem when I was working full-time outside the home, but now that my sailor is the only one in our household earning an income, things are a little different. I must admit though, that my sailor is very supportive of anything I want to do, but I can clearly see that he’d rather have me spend the money on landscaping or buying other things for our new home. Ugh. I really want to do this. I will be crunching, shuffling, and whatever else I can do with our numbers to see what I can come up with… But if it isn’t meant to be this year, then so be it. I will definitely do it next year when I get our tax refund. We’re expecting a big one next time…


In closing...

I've got lots on my mind right now and tons of things on my to-do list dancing around in my head. I'm starting to lose focus here at my pc, so I'll just close for now. We'll get together again soon, ok?



No comments: