Monday, September 29, 2008

A Week in the Life... Day 1

So, I've started another scrapbooking project... Yesterday (Sunday) was Day 1 of my "A Week in the Life" project, which I am hoping will eventually (hopefully sooner than later) become another mini-album to add to our collection. I'm following Ali Edwards as she does this herself.



Ali wrote on her blog (a comment from one of her friends),



"I think it's important to embrace this even amid life's imperfections...It's easy to say, 'Well, life isn't perfect right now, so my week isn't worth documenting.' Not true."



This statement certainly applies when referring to my life right now. A few "imperfections" almost convinced me not to document this particular time in my life. But after reading the comment on Ali's blog (thank goodness I did)... I'm seeing things a bit differently. Hopefully, years from now, when I look at this mini-album I will be able to appreciate all the goodness that WAS a part of my life now. Hopefully I won't only focus on what wasn't right.



Because there IS good in my life right now. Lots of beauty, lots of love. I just need to document it to remind myself from time to time. So, you see... this project comes at the right time. It's not at all the wrong time to do this.



So, I will share with you yesterday's goodness... all its beauty. Not many words to share this time... I'm honestly just too exhausted to do the writing portion of this assignment but I plan to be all caught up with the writing by tomorrow. :)







We began our day with a yummy batch of banana pancakes... then baked some glorious pumpkin cookies. (Recipe provided by Heather Bullard, thanks!) Delish!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


And these shots from the rest of the day... Pretty good stuff... Can't wait to post pics again tomorrow...

2 comments:

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I really appreciate what you mean by this. I would love to have a little scrapbook of snapshots of daily life. I am still struggling to get my daughter's baby book started before baby #2 shows up! :)
Carrie

Photo Visions Hawaii said...

I love this post. You are a SUPER-MOM! Gosh, I need to step it up! Do I dare try to make some banana pancakes tomorrow with the one measly banana (w/ brown spots) on my counter? Yes, I feel that I MUST!

Oh! I couldn't have come across your blog at a better time! I'm gonna p/u the ingredients for those pumpkin cookies and make them for Thanksgiving. Yum yum!