Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day.


Barack Obama has just stepped out to the "stage", introduced as the "President Elect," probably for the last time. He's greeting people, shaking hands as he moves along down the walkway toward his seat for the Inauguration ceremony. People in the crowd are cheering his name... "O-ba-ma!" Within the next hour, history will change for the United States.


I'm sitting here in my family room, watching the Inauguration Day news coverage on NBC... It's about 10 minutes till 9:00 am PST. I'm drinking my Starbucks Non-Fat No-Whip Peppermint Mocha and thought maybe I should blog this moment for myself while it's actually happening. I'm quite sure that such a monumental event will not happen again in my lifetime.


I may not have voted for this man (not so easy to admit, but true...), but I now believe he is most qualified for the job of President of the United States. I wish nothing but the best for him and will pray for him often. Lots of people have such high expectations for him. I only ask that he makes decisions with the best interest of the nation at heart. And I look forward to freshness his leadership brings to the United States. High hopes, not unrealistic expectations, I would like to think.


He's about to be sworn in. I'm going to stop for now so that I may fully experience the moment. The pomp and circumstance is really quite fun to watch.


I've got a fun idea for how my family and I will celebrate this day. More on that later today.


:)

No comments: