Monday, October 17, 2005

YOU CAN DO IT! (the merit badge handbook for grown-up girls)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is my newest-found reading material and I'm completely taken by this book! It follows the Girl Scouts "recipe" for earning badges as you learn new things and try something you've always wanted to do. Except it's for "grown-up" girls like me who need a little support and guidance to get us to do new things! After all, don't most of us forget about all the things we used to dream of doing once we have families to take care of?

From the very beginning, it's so inspiring:


"Anytime you want you can leave behind the world as you know it and enter the world as you dream it..."

"The universe moves in mysterious ways when you truly commit to finding and following your bliss..
."

This book is really making me think of things I haven't thought about in YEARS. It's gently pushing me to go there again, to dream for myself. I'm loving it. My first assignment is to write down all my dreams. The dream-jogging questions I have to ask myself are something like this:

1. What childhood pursuits or pastimes would you like to pick up again? {hmmm...}

2. What would you do if you won the lottery, and money were no object? {oooooh, I'm gonna like this one...}

3. What would your perfect day contain from sunup to sundown? {I'm thinking sandy beaches, children staying at home with the Nana, margaritas, shopping, massage, etc...}

and so on...

I'm thinking this would also make one heck of a journal/scrapbook... Yeah...

3 comments:

Jessica O'Brien said...

Wow that sounds like *such* a cool book! I definitly want to check that out- so many ideas to get your mind going and like you said- probably awesome to turn into a scrapbook page!

Muriel said...

I just found your blog. I think I am going to look at that book today at Border's. Thans for sharing it.

Wendy said...

Just wanted to invite you to a group I've got over on Flickr based on this book. :)

http://www.flickr.com/groups/426081@N25/