Tuesday, June 07, 2005

A place for everything, and everything in its (stinkin') place!

Okay, I usually pride myself on being very organized. I'm pretty good at it. When I was a 9 to 5'er (back in the day), I used to get compliments on my organization. I don't know when it happened, or why... but look at this pile sitting on my dining room table at home:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I've been staring at this pile of papers, and a couple of piles identical to this one, for a few weeks now, unsure about how to approach this. Ugh. Yesterday I decided that it's time to do something drastic. Time to come up with a new Home Filing System! Yeah!

So I googled and googled until I found some really helpful information online. I wanted to know what to keep, what to throw away, what to file in the attic, etc... Well, I came across some kewl sites that totally helped me out with my mission. If you are interested, they are:


Family Records
FCIC
Organizting Household Records

These sites were answers to my prayers. So I proceeded to print out each article and I went to work setting up my new system. At about 2am, this is what I had done so far (nothing fancy, but definitely a start):


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Now, I've just got to get the papers INTO the system. It will take some time, but I'm determined. My goal is to have my new Home Filing System up and running and up to date by June 30th. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Reese Dixon said...

Hey Christine,
Thanks for your comment, it's great to hear from you.

Your blog is great! You get a real sense of who you are. I'm another obsessive organizer, so good luck in your quest.

Tresa